GLOBAL NEWS GENERAL ASSIGNMENT INTERNSHIP
What is it?
Am I eligible?The internship is open to U.S. and international students as well as recent graduates. Applicants must be:
- current full-time students within two years of earning an undergraduate degree (juniors and seniors) or
- current full-time graduate students or
- students who will graduate December 2015 or later.
How many people are in the program?As many as 16 interns will be selected.
Where are the internships located?U.S. internships are being offered in Chicago, Philadelphia, Los Angeles, Phoenix, Miami, New York, Washington, D.C. International internships are being offered in Amman, Bangkok, London, Mexico City, Moscow, New Delhi, Seoul and Tokyo.
What are the highlights of the program?
When does the program start?The program starts in June 2016.
What do you need from me?
- A 300-word autobiographical essay on this topic: "The Associated Press seeks to recruit and retain a workforce that embodies a wide range of talents, experiences, achievements and journalistic skills. Please describe the qualities and accomplishments you would bring to the company as an intern."
- A resume and cover letter (please include your projected graduation date).
- Five to seven examples of your video work (links to a website of your video work are highly preferred).
- Three to five examples of clips, photos and interactive/graphics (links to a website of your photos, clips and multimedia work are highly preferred).
- A reference letter from a prior internship or employer.
- All application materials should be uploaded simultaneously, including the reference letter.
How to apply
© 2016 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. Terms and conditions apply. See AP.org for details.