Collaboration and editorial planning made simple
View all your newsroom activity in one shared location
Designed for newsrooms of all types – including our own – AP Playbook makes it easier to coordinate coverage across your organization and increase output through any channel.
- Give your entire team access to build and view multiformat plans with topic cards for top-level stories and assignment cards for related tasks.
- Keep everyone up to date on day-of and future coverage activity across your organization, locally or globally.
- Get notifications of new assignments and story developments through the iOS app, text or email.
- Use the timeline view to get a snapshot of your day or week ahead, and drag items to easily reschedule coverage throughout the week.
- View your personal assignments, or use the slideshow view for a roundup of the day’s plans across various areas.
- View the location of your stories and get directions on the go.
- Give assignment editors the ability to find out at a glance where field crews are located and who's available to deploy to a breaking news event.
- Easily search events and assignments using hashtags, key terms or team member usernames.
- Choose how to view your newsroom activity, whether by location, format, date, owner or other filters.
- Using our API, ingest feeds of events to create a view of newsworthy items for your schedule.
- Customize action buttons to create robust API integrations and workflows.
- Integrate Playbook with your site's single sign-on or multifactor authentication system.
- Create personal or team templates to maximize efficiency when planning story coverage.
- Set required fields to be completed before a story can be added to the system.
- Allow investigative teams to keep their work separate and secure until it's ready to be shared with the wider team.
- Allocate costs to each assignment to track individual and cumulative story expenses.
- Gain insight into how resources are being used across the newsroom.