The seventh annual Associated Press debate at the World Economic Forum in Davos, Switzerland, will focus on the future of South Asia and the global trends and national priorities affecting its transformation.
AP Global Business Editor Lisa Gibbs will moderate a panel of prime ministers, leading regional bankers and a Nobel laureate. They are:
• Nawaz Sharif, prime minister, Pakistan
• Ranil Wickremesinghe, prime minister, Sri Lanka
• Chanda Kochhar, managing director and chief executive officer, ICICI Bank, India
• Takehiko Nakao, president, Asian Development Bank, Philippines
• 2006 Nobel Peace Prize winner Muhammad Yunus, chairman, Yunus Centre, Bangladesh
"The explosive growth in South Asia brings with it many challenges, with huge stakes for the global economy,” Gibbs said. “This group of influential leaders will bring incisive perspective to how the region can work together to unlock the right solutions."
Topics to be discussed include infrastructure, energy security threats, economic inequality, job creation and the impact of regional integration initiatives in South Asia.