Collaboration and editorial planning made simple
One destination for all your newsroom activity from any location
It's never been more critical — or more challenging — for newsrooms to stay connected. AP Playbook can help.
We're here to help
We understand the unique challenges journalists are facing working remotely in the midst of the coronavirus outbreak. From at-home offices to on-the-scene locations, we'll quickly bring your team together in a single platform. It's fast, easy and ready to use. Sign up to learn more about how we can help your team connect.Learn more
- Give your entire team access to build and view multiformat plans with topic cards for top-level stories and assignment cards for related tasks.
- Keep everyone up to date on day-of and future coverage activity across your organization, locally or globally.
- Get notifications of new assignments and story developments through the iOS app, text or email.
- Use the timeline view to get a snapshot of your day or week ahead, and drag items to easily reschedule coverage throughout the week.
- View your personal assignments, or use the slideshow view for a roundup of the day’s plans across various areas.
- View the location of your stories and get directions on the go.
- Give assignment editors the ability to find out at a glance where field crews are located and who's available to deploy to a breaking news event.
- Easily search events and assignments using hashtags, key terms or team member usernames.
- Choose how to view your newsroom activity, whether by location, format, date, owner or other filters.
- Using our API, ingest feeds of events to create a view of newsworthy items for your schedule.
- Customize action buttons to create robust API integrations and workflows.
- Integrate Playbook with your site's single sign-on or multifactor authentication system.
- Create personal or team templates to maximize efficiency when planning story coverage.
- Set required fields to be completed before a story can be added to the system.
- Allow investigative teams to keep their work separate and secure until it's ready to be shared with the wider team.
- Allocate costs to each assignment to track individual and cumulative story expenses.
- Gain insight into how resources are being used across the newsroom.