Best of the Week

Latest

AP Exclusive: US opera union finds Placido Domingo abused power

AP_19354770591875_hm-domingo.jpg

Jocelyn Gecker, reporter, San Francisco, obtained exclusively the results of the opera union’s investigation of sexual harassment accusations against superstar Placido Domingo, revealing that 27 people told investigators that they either had been harassed or had witnessed inappropriate behavior by Domingo. AP was also the first to report Domingo’s apology. Gecker’s story moved about nine hours before the union released an extremely brief description of its findings, offering few details. As a result of her reporting, a new accuser came forward to speak to the AP on the record, and a cascade of performance cancellations began among music companies in Domingo’s native Spain, where he previously had been staunchly defended.
https://bit.ly/2Io9lOE
https://bit.ly/2Io9amI
https://bit.ly/2Q4TER1
https://apnews.com/PlacidoDomingo

Ap 20056862561392 Hm Soprano
Luz del Alba Rubio, a soprano who claims to have been treated inappropriately by Placido Domingo, poses in New York, Feb. 25, 2020. When Rubio saw Domingo’s apology, she was in shock. “I felt like we have conquered Goliath. Now we don’t have to be scared to speak out,” said Rubio, a new accuser of the legendary tenor, feeling emboldened by his admission and ready to add her voice to those who accuse Domingo of sexual harassment and abuse of power. – AP Photo / John Minchillo
Contact us